Vanessa Rees and her studio partner, photographer Tracie Davis, are excited to invite two hard-working, enthusiastic individuals to join their photography internship program at their studio in Downtown, Los Angeles.
About the Internship:
Photography is a craft best learned through experience, and there's no better way to gain experience than by being on set. For that reason, our internship is all about hands-on learning. While a foundational knowledge of photography is required, Vanessa and Tracie will train you in studio lighting, equipment handling, on-location lighting, product styling and set etiquette. You'll also be immersed in producing photo shoots, gaining invaluable insights into the process. By the end of your internship, you'll be equipped to confidently take on the role of a photo assistant or apply your newfound skills to your own photography career.
- Basic photography knowledge is a must. While you'll gain valuable experience on set, it's crucial to have a pre-existing understanding of photography. Please provide a link in your application that showcases your competency in this area.
- We expect interns to dedicate a minimum of 4 to 6 months to the internship at our Downtown LA studio. The specific duration of the internship will be determined on a case-by-case basis to accommodate individual circumstances.
- Access to personal transportation (car) to facilitate easy commuting.
- You should be prepared to work between 2 to 4 days a week. Please be aware that the workload may vary – some weeks will require more hours, while others will require fewer. Flexibility to adapt to these changing workloads on a weekly basis is crucial, given the unpredictable schedules of our industry.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Display interest in photography and a curiosity for the business aspects of the industry.
- Assist in managing equipment, permits, insurance, set setup/teardown, craft services, gear organization, digital asset management, sourcing and behind-the-scenes documentation.
- Interns help keep the studio running smoothly. Cleanliness and organization are key. The studio must be kept clean, organized, and ready for shoots at any moment.
- Act as a production assistant during photo shoot days, helping with tasks like coffee preparation, errands, and client support.
- Assist the food stylist on set, including kitchen upkeep, ingredient preparation, and organization.
- Uphold professionalism both on and off set, representing Vanessa and Tracie's business in a positive light.
- In addition to your responsibilities, we encourage proactive participation. Seize opportunities to demonstrate initiative in assisting Vanessa, Tracie, and other team members. Your proactive involvement will enhance your learning experience and may lead to job opportunities with our teams in the future.
- Kindly note that this internship is unpaid. However, we will reimburse parking expenses and provide meals on shoot days.
- We gladly work with schools to provide school credit for this internship.
A Final Note:
Vanessa and Tracie are dedicated to demystifying the photography industry and sharing their extensive knowledge. This isn't just an internship; it's a mentorship. We're committed to ensuring that you gain as much from this experience as we do. Your professional aspirations, both during and after the internship, matter to us.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Applications won't be accepted via email.